Τρίτη, Φεβρουαρίου 1

Schattenjager

I dreamt of blood upon the shore,
Of eyes that spoke of sin,
The lake was smooth and deep and black
As was her scented skin.

A mask I wore as I approached
I was what I am not
And though the pattern was unclear
Its meaning could be bought

Drawn to Bacchus' abode
I sought there to conspire
But it was in the city of the dead
That I found my heart's desire

I spoke to one who smelled of death
He gave to me his ears
And crosses that were marked were
Made into a veil of tears

The road was blocked, the truth was shunned,
A white flag had been waved.
Reversal cost me all I had,
And everything I'd braved.

And then the night became as day.
I glimpsed nature's reddest claw!
The face of fear looked back at me
As I gazed into the maw.

My last ally laid to waste,
I ran towards the light.
I prayed for one to change my path
To give me strength to fight.

Inside a hidden chamber, where
I had no right to be
I found the wheel at last, or could
It be the wheel found me?

And then the wheel went round and round,
I could not find my way.
'Twelve and three and turn the key!'
I heard the madman say

Deep in the earth I faced a fight
That I could never win,
The blameless and the base destroyed,
And all that could have been.

Gabriel Knight

2 σχόλια:

Oneiros είπε...

Τι μου θύμισες τώρα.. Personal favorite από τη σειρά: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned, λόγω τοποθεσίας και υπόθεσης.

Να δούμε που θα βρεθούν εισαγγελείς-Schattenjaegers για να καθαρίσουν τους υποχθόνιους ίσκιους στην "δικαιοσύνη" (sounds like a joke, dunnit?), την εκκλησία και τη δημοσιογραφία.

ΥΓ: Πολύ ωραίο και αυτό το theme. Μην τ' αλλάζεις τόσο γρήγορα, να προλαβαίνουμε να τα χαιρόμαστε λίγο.

Nassos K. είπε...

To Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned το αγάπησα σαν το πιο ώριμο από την τριλογία, αλλα το καλύτερο νομίζω παραμένει το πρώτο Sin of the Fathers.
Εισαγγελείς-Schattenjaegers δυστυχώς δεν υπάρχουν. (ή μήπως ειναι ο Μάκης;)
thnx για το theme. Ειναι το πρώτο που έκανα μόνος μου και λέω να το κρατίσω (όσο αντέξω) lol